Tuesday, September 20, 2005

quotes...cause I'm bored

From What A Girl Wants:

Armistead's friend: I'd let her dump tea in my harbor anytime.

Glynnis Payne: Now Daphne, we don't want to make a scene now, do we? Libby Reynolds: Take your hand off my daughter or you won't get a scene, you'll get a Broadway Musical!

From Robin Hood:

Sis: Oh, he's so handsome... just like his reward posters.

Hiss: Sire! Sire! They may be bandits.
Prince John: Oh, poppycock. Female bandits? What next? Rubbish.

Friar Tuck: Oh, for heaven's sake, son. You're no outlaw. Why, someday, you'll be called a great hero.
Robin Hood: A hero? Did you hear that, Johnny? We've just been pardoned! Little John: Oh, that's a gas. We ain't even been arrested yet.

Robin Hood: Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it.
Little John: Borrow? Boy, are we in debt.

Clucky:Take that, you scurvy knave!
Prince John: Seize the fat one!

Little John: Hey! Who's drivin' this flyin' umbrella?

Skippy: You gotta take the oath.
Toby: The oath?
Tagalong: Put your hand on your heart and cross your eyes.
Skippy: Spider, snakes and a lizard head.
Toby: [repeats] Spider, snakes and a lizard's head.
Skippy: If I tattletale, I'll die till I'm dead.
Toby: [repeats] If I tattletale, I'll die till I'm dead.

Toby: I'm scared of Prince John. He's cranky.

Sheriff of Nottingham: Well, Trigger. Everything's rigged up and all set. Trigger: Yep, it's one of the prettiest scaffolds you ever built, Sheriff.
Nutsy: Sheriff, don't you reckon you should give that trap door a test? [pulls a lever and opens the trap door, allowing the Sheriff to fall in]
Sheriff of Nottingham: Criminently, now I know why your mama called you "Nutsy".

From Grease:

Danny: You can't just walk out of a drive-in!

Frenchy: Doody, how do I look?
Doody: Like a beautiful blonde pineapple!

Sonny: When a guy picks a chick over his buddies, something's gotta be wrong. Come on, guys let's go for some pizza.

Rizzo: I've got so many hickies people will think I'm a leper.
Kenickie: Relax... A hickie from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card, when you only care enough to send the very best!

Doody: The problem's in this rubber band engine.
Kenickie: The problem's in your mouth.
Sonny: Kenickie, got any Scotch tape?

Danny: Uh, I'm not very hungry; just gimme a double Polar Burger wit' everything and a cherry soda wit' chocolate ice cream.

Principal McGee: We have pictures of you so-called mooners. And just because the pictures aren't of your faces doesn't mean we can't identify you. At this very moment those pictures are on their way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.

Frenchy: Men are rats, listen to me, they're fleas on rats, worse than that, they're amoebas on fleas on rats. I mean, they're too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy.

From Say Anything:

Lloyd Dobler: She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.

Diane Court: Nobody thinks it will work, do they?
Lloyd Dobler: No. You just described every great success story.

Corey Flood: Diane Court doesn't go out with guys like you. She's a brain.
D.C.: Trapped in the body of a game-show hostess.

Mike Cameron: I don't know you very well, you know, but I wanted to ask you - how'd you get Diane Court to go out with you?
Lloyd Dobler: I called her up.
Mike Cameron: But how come it worked? I mean, like, what are you?
Lloyd Dobler: I'm Lloyd Dobler.
Mike Cameron: This is great. This gives me hope. Thanks.

Diane Court: I just can't have any social life right now.
Lloyd Dobler: Don't worry about it. We're just having coffee. We'll be anti-social.
Diane Court: Be friends?
Lloyd Dobler: Yeah. With potential.

Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
Joe: By choice, man.

D.C.: Lloyd, why do you have to be like this?
Lloyd Dobler: 'Cause I'm a guy. I have pride.
Corey Flood: You're not a guy.
Lloyd Dobler: I am.
Corey Flood: No. The world is full of guys. Be a man. Don't be a guy.

D.C.: Why don't you just call her again?
Lloyd Dobler: I draw the line at 7 unreturned phone calls.

Lloyd Dobler: Just knowing that a version like that exists, knowing that just for a minute she felt that and wrote "I can't help loving you". That has to be worth something.

Corey Flood: I'm sorry, it's just that you're a really nice guy and we don't want to see you get hurt.
Lloyd Dobler: I want to get hurt!

No comments: