Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Well, I'm finally packed and waiting for my ride to Orlando! I can't wait to be there and I'm going to love getting to spend time with Heath, Karen, and the girls on the ride down and tomorrow.

I have a bad habbit of making these conventions "mountian high" experiences and going down hill right afterwards. I truly want to keep that high, that drive to give it all to God no matter what. This trip holds so many memories, as the last time we were in Orlando for a convention Chrissy was still with us. She died soon after we returned from an anurisim. I will never forget our room that year: me, Chrissy, Kara, June, and Kathryn. A hard time for me this semester was when another girl from our youth group had an anurism, and praise God that she has recovered, and I think may be going on the trip.

I am a chaparone this time, which is a lot of responisibility. That along with working at Izone and possibly the SWU table will put me in contact with so many people. I pray that I can be a good leader for the girls in my room and a christian example to the people I come in contact with. I thank God for the way things worked out making it posssible for me to go. I owe it all to Him, something I'm ashamed to say I tend to forget.

As soon as I return from Orlando it's off to Myrtle Beach for Bross family Christmas, so it may be a while before I post again. I am taking my computer and will attempt to post while at the beach, but no promises. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all, and I hope to see some of you in FL!

No comments: